Monday, 17 September 2012

Our New Home :: The Garden

Sometimes, one of the things I really dislike about renting a home, is the lack of garden. Often the lease states that you can't alter the garden in anyway, adding or taking away plants. That's why I was so thankful that we found a lovely older home, that has had a lot of work already done in the garden. In fact, it's rather a lovely established garden.

 Although it is very dry at the moment, as we have had no rain in over a month (wet season is approaching), I can really see potential, if I could get a bit of water into it. Alas we are on tank water, (and would have to purchase water at our own expense, should we run out), so I wont be turning any sprinklers on here. My dad did suggest to keep the grey water from the washing machine, to water the really needy plants and maybe use a small amount of the tank water, for the small section of herbs.

Take a walk around with me!



:Mulberry Tree:

:Yet to ripen Mulberries:

:2 Macadamia Trees:


:2 Tanks of Water:





 
:Herbs:

:Sage:

:Rosemary:
 
Walking around the garden everymorning with the boys, has been good for my soul, breathing deeply, smelling the flowers, and sitting quietly on the grass just watching them explore!
 
x Shara
 

2 comments:

  1. That's a great looking yard and garden - no wonder you are enjoying it! cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so beautiful...the macadamia nut tree will produce nuts? Are they hard to crack open? They don't grow here, just in warmer climates. We do have black walnut trees in this area and mulberry trees, but not in our yard. We have rosemary and sage growing in our backyard. ♥ So neat to see what is growing on the opposite side of this globe.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment, I love hearing from you!!