Sunday, 14 October 2012

Gratitude Sunday



:: I am grateful for op-shops and the chance they give me to find all new (to me) summery linen for Roman's bed. Everything in the picture was purchased for a total of $8.50!

:: I am so glad that friends of ours moved into our old house. They needed somewhere to live right when we were leaving and it fit perfectly for them to take our place. It's also turned out to be good for me, because a book that I had been waiting for, that was on backorder, arrived at their house this week (even though I had changed our address with the company), and they were able to drop it off today.

:: I am grateful for 2 mattresses that came into our possession today. Someone was giving them away and they will come in handy when we have our family to stay over Christmas.

:: I love having our new big yard and garden, and the opportunity it has given us this week to work together as a family. Every afternoon, Kaleb has been mowing the grass with our old fashioned push mower, and Roman and I have been filling bucket after bucket of weeds. We are not finished yet, but it looks so much tidier. I love that Roman is still at the age where weed pulling is fun and not chore!

What are you grateful for today?

x Shara

Join in over at Wooly Moss Roots...

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog. I am happy to discover yours, such a lovely space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding "new to me" treasures too! That is wonderful you now have a big yard and garden, I bet it is so great to see how good it looks after all your hard work of mowing and weeding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) i love treasures, what a great buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh when the littles lend a hand...and delight in what they are doing, somehow their enthusiasm spreads and becomes contagious. I love that and that is a great thing to be grateful for! Enjoy your week...(I can't believe the deals you got in your photo)!
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute...you're a great bargain shopper. Maybe not new, but new to me, is good for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stuff that is preloved too, so much better than it ending up in landfill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working together as a family is one of my favorite activities too. And I'm in to flea markets very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely bedding you got from op shopping! I recently spent a day with my niece 'doing' the op shops in Mooloolabah and Maroochydore. We found some brilliant stuff for her new baby (due Christmas day)and for Miss Nearly 3's new bedroom decor. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Shara,
    I love your gratitudes. :)
    They bring me a smile to read.
    Time in the yard with your family, very precious.

    Love,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment, I love hearing from you!!