Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Upcycled Sewing for Leonardo

Ages ago I picked up some items at the Salvo's op shop in town. Fill a bag for $5....you can't beat that! Amongst the stuff I grabbed was a lambs wool maxi skirt in size skinny. I was intending to use it to make some slippers for me, but after procrastinating for to long, I, yesterday, pulled it out and sewed up a quick pair of pants for Leo. My newly crawling, almost 1 year old was in need of some soft pants for getting around on our hard (and cold) tiles. I just used a pair of his tracksuit pants and laid them on the skirt, quickly cut around and then sewed them right up.

 No measuring, no pinning - my fave kind of sewing. They turned out great and definitely serve their intended purpose!!




Know that Leo is crawling he is so much happier! He can also spend a lot more time in our tiny grassed courtyard, exploring, eating grass and chewing clothes pegs!!

x Shara

5 comments:

  1. A talented woman, you are!

    Blessings
    Karen

    love the picture of that grin: precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a few pairs like that as well! So cozy and warm...and easy to whip up! I think I find more time searching for good sweaters than I do actually sewing them! ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bit of an op shopping addiction, so I do need to be careful that I don't buy more than I can sew!!

      Delete
  3. I love upcycling Goodwill finds into longies! Followed you here from FrontierDreams. My craftiness led to a mama-made dress for BabySister due in early July. http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/03/squirrelys-nutty-brown-owl-dress.html

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment, I love hearing from you!!