Friday, 20 April 2012

Kids Clothes Week Challenge

Next week I am joining in with a few hundred other sewers over at Elsie Marley and spending all week sewing clothes for the kiddies in the KCWC!! This is my first time, so I am being kind to myself and only choosing a few projects. I have been busy this week preparing, washing and ironing fabric, getting inspiration from my favourite sewing books and blogs, this afternoon I will cut some patterns.

This Giraffe fabric was originally a curtain I picked up at the op shop for $8. I was looking online at fabrics and saw the exact same print for $50/m!!

The blue fabrics are all thrifted pillow cases, except for the pineapple print, which was bought at Spotlight last year.

Greens and Yellow

Fleece
Roman has told me that he likes the clothes he has already and doesn't want me to make him anything!, so I will just be sewing for Leonardo.

4 Pairs of Anna Maria's Quick Change Trousers
1 Cozy Winter Oliver and S hat
3 Baby Smocks from Our Ash Grove

The best part is, apart from some elastic and ribbon for the hat, I have everything in my stash!!

Hooray for freeing up more space in the garage!!


x Shara

3 comments:

  1. Hey if you ever want to sew me anything go for it! I love home made clothes! There is something special about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Teece! I haven't ventured into adult sized clothes yet!! But you could be my guinea pig when I do!!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you're all set! Good luck with your projects - I'm sure you'll have fun next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment, I love hearing from you!!